Thursday, July 12, 2007

DC Day 6

Busy day again...
1. Bureau of Printing and Engraving. Watched them make money. Carson wasn't that impressed because he had already seen it on "How it's Made". We bought some sheets of $1.00 bills Of course thats all we could afford.
2. Went to the top of the Washington Monument. Made my nose bleed...nah not really.
3. Toured the Pentagon. We got to see a memorial they have in the place where the plane crashed and killed 125 people on Sept. 11.
4. Went to Dupont Circle to eat a "good" steak but found out a "good" steak was going to cost me $45. So we settled a sandwich.

We weren't able to take a lot of pictures today because most of the places didn't allow cameras inside so we left them at the hotel. We did come home and pick up our camera before we headed out for dinner and I am so glad we did....I got a picture of some guy playing Christmas songs on his guitar.

Fun times...

Tomorrow...Pick up a rental car and travel to Philadelphia to visit Independence Hall. We then plan on heading through the Amish communities and traveling on to Gettysburg. It will probably be a late night so I'm not sure I will get much blogging done. Tom Tom...lead the way!

Day 6 Pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.

Anonymous said...

Carson,

Hurry and come home. I have tomatoes!!!!

Love,
Hey Jo