Sunday, July 8, 2007

DC Day 2




The day started off with our first visit to the wonderful Metro (subway). Man it was a real trip...





Our first destination of the day was the Spy Museum. I'm not sure that anything can top that on this trip. But I was very disappointed that we couldn't take pictures in there because it was awesome. There were many artifacts depicting the various surveillance techniques. We were really blown away by how deceptive spies can be. All I can say is I have got to get me some of that equipment. It was also interesting to see some of the history behind the intelligence - counterintelligence agencies. Man, there are spies everywhere!


Our next stop was the National Portrait Museum where we almost got kicked out because Cindy had to have a picture of Shakespeare. The museum is home to many great works of art including many presidential portraits. I was surprised to find myself really getting into the art. I have been so inspired that I think I will come home and create my very own masterpieces. But seriously I found the museum to be cool.

Next stop.....Museum of Natural History. There were lions, tigers, and bears...oh my! Hey Dan check out this armadillo.
Wanna kick that? We also got to see the Hope Diamond...I don't get it, what is so cool about a diamond? It wasn't even clear. Anyway, we also saw a mummy, woolly mammoth, and some really fascinating animal photographs.

We then continued on to Union Station where we dinned at Johnny Rocket's burger joint. It was approaching 7 p.m. by then and all of the shops were closing for the evening so we decided we should carry on with plans of returning at a later date.

Continuing on we traveled to the Washington Monument for more pictures and more walking. We decided that should be enough for the day and returned home for a good nights rest.

Tomorrow....National Archives, Holocaust Museum, Engraving and Printing, and more monuments.
Day 2 Pictures
....Stay tuned

2 comments:

Wilson's said...

I should have posted my comments here sorry, they are on the first day. Well I know you just got all excited that someone has comminted. Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

Well said.